hyperCAD®-S Electrode: electrode manufacturing for die-sinking EDM
hyperCAD®-S Electrode – the module for manufacturing electrodes easily and safely covering design and CAM programming stages, and output sent to NC milling machines.
Die sinking processes are used for sharp-edged and difficult-to-mill component areas. The suitable electrodes need to be designed first, then programmed and then finally milled. The hyperCAD®-S Electrode module significantly reduces the amount of work involved in both the design and CAM programming stage.
Designing an electrode in just a few short steps
The Electrode module largely automates the design process in the hyperCAD®-S CAD software. The NC programmer selects the faces to be eroded on the component geometry and the hyperCAD®-S Electrode module generates the corresponding collision-free electrodes including extensions and selection of holders from a library.
Fast and reliable CAM programming of electrodes for die-sinking EDM
Geometry and technology information are seamlessly transferred to the hyperMILL® CAM software through a dedicated feature. The CAM system supports the user during electrode programming with a separate dialog window and feature type to avoid errors. The NC programmer can perform the entire process with just a few clicks and without any design knowledge. If machining macros exist, the process can be partially or fully automated.
Electrode module features
- Suitable for solid and face models
- Geometry selection through face and contour selection
- Automatic extension of electrode geometry
- Holes in the geometry can be automatically closed
- Measuring markers for the electrode
- Automatic colour and layer definition for the individual electrode areas
- Automatic raw material and holder selection with best fit option for optimal alignment
- Automatic stock calculation and collision avoidance
- Electrode reference as chamfer or radius
- Detailed reports
- Incorporation of manually created electrode geometries into the automated process
- Automatic calculation of the minimum rib distance
- Automatic calculation of the length and adjustment options for the length of useless raw material
- Fast programming in hyperMILL®:
All technology data, such as the spark gap, stock size and positional reference, are automatically transferred in hyperMILL®. The programming work can even be further automated using machining macros.
Electrode module functions
User-specific colour information is automatically applied to the geometry areas of the electrode.
Automatic tangential or linear extension of the electrode geometry. Angle extension is also available for stabilisation.
A print view with technological information or electrode and raw material reports can be issued for each individual electrode.