Innovative CAM technology from
Although 5-axis milling is one of the most challenging forms of CNC machining, OPEN MIND’s hyperMILL® CAM software makes it possible for programmers to generate 5-axis NC programs quickly and easily, with short machining times and high quality surface finish.
5-axis programming does not need to be time-consuming or unreliable. OPEN MIND’s innovative 5-axis technology stands out clearly from other solutions due to its simple and user-friendly programming, reliable algorithms for collision detection and intelligent collision avoidance.
Trend-setting 5-axis strategies
The trendsetting 5-axis technology in hyperMILL® can typically yield time savings of more than 25 per cent while lowering tool wear and increasing contour accuracy for more cost-efficient production thanks to continuous machining. Challenging geometries such as high and steep walls require many different tool inclinations in precisely delineated milling areas.
5-axis milling is standard
5-axis simultaneous machining with hyperMILL® 5AXIS is based on what users are already familiar with: milling with a tilted tool. Yet the machining process is now quicker, the surface results are better and programming is much less complicated. Thanks to easy programming with automatic collision checking and avoidance, this technology can also be used as a solution for many standard milling jobs.
Details on 5-axis milling
- Easy programming for milling applications with indexed orientation.
- Process reliability due to proven fully automated collision checking and avoidance.
- Multiple tilt strategies are available: 3+2, automatic indexing and 5-axis simultaneous machining.
- Familiar 3D strategies, such as Z-level machining or rest machining have been expanded to include 5-axis processing.
- A broad spectrum of machining strategies for surfaces, cavities and special machining tasks.
- All 5-axis strategies are available in the hyperMILL® interface.
- 5-axis shape offset roughing and finishing for simple and time-saving programming of shaped and wrapped surfaces.