MAXXimum HPC roughing
The roughing module in hyperMILL® MAXX Machining offers solutions for high-performance cutting (HPC) with spiral and trochoidal tool movements. The package combines optimal milling paths, maxximum material removal and the shortest possible machining times.
HPC tool paths for maxximum roughing results
The roughing module is a comprehensive, high-performance package for creating spiral and trochoidal tool paths. Significantly increases material removal rates allow for extremely fast machining. At the same time, there is much less stress on the tools and machines. The roughing module is based on VoluMill™, a tried-and-tested best-in-class HPC technology from Celeritive Technologies.
High performance for all machining situations
Users have maximum programming freedom for 2D, 3D or 5 axis machining Optimal cutting conditions combined with large Z stepdowns ensure extremely efficient 2D machining of grooves, pockets and prismatic workpieces. During 3D machining, hyperMILL® MAXX Machining divides the component geometry into different planes. The intelligent design and sequence of these planes ensure time and path-optimised machining. A comprehensive 5 axis HPC package allows spiral-shaped and trochoidal-like paths to be mapped to curved component surfaces.
- Creation of spiral and trochoidal-like tool paths for 2D, 3D and 5 axis simultaneous machining
- Intelligent feedrate adjustment
- Fast repositioning in high-speed mode, with the tool being raised slightly off the bottom
- Full cuts and abrupt changes in direction are prevented
- Intelligent division of cuts during 3D machining
- High-volume material removal in next to no time, even with tough workpieces
- Full control of machining parameters: Machining values can be customised
- Uses proven HPC technology from VoluMill™
- Reduced machining times
- Extended tool life
- Machining that is easier on the tool and the machine
- Machine potential is fully exploited
- No post-processor adjustments required
- Simple to program
hyperMILL® MAXX Machining reduces milling times significantly when compared with conventional roughing. Intelligent division into spiral and trochoidal tool paths allows for high-volume material removal.
Full cuts are prevented with hyperMILL® MAXX Machining. Stress on the tool is reduced, significantly extending tool life, especially when harder materials are involved.
Special automated functions analyse the local component conditions – wrapping and speed at the edges – and automatically adjust the feedrates along the toolpath.
hyperMILL® MAXX Machining allows users to define minimum and maxximum feedrates for different machining situations such as during the approach, the plunge and for the actual machining in the plane.
hyperMILL® MAXX Machining automatically recognises a machining situation with different planes and adjusts to the situation optimally. Material is removed with maxximum stepdown depth; the remaining material is then removed from the bottom up in defined intermediate steps.