for Die-Sinking EDM
The Electrode module
hyperCAD®-S Electrode – the module for manufacturing electrodes easily and safely that covers design and CAM programming stages as well as the output sent to NC milling machines.
Die sinking processes are used for sharp-edged and difficult-to-mill component areas. The suitable electrodes need to be designed first, then programmed and finally machined. The hyperCAD®-S Electrode module significantly reduces the amount of work involved in both the design and CAM programming stage.
Designing an electrode in just a few short steps
The Electrode module largely automates the design process in hyperCAD®-S CAD software. The NC programmer selects the faces to be eroded on the component geometry and the hyperCAD®-S Electrode module generates the corresponding collision-free electrodes including extensions and the selection of holders from a library.
Fast and reliable CAM programming of electrodes for die-sinking EDM
Geometry and technology information are seamlessly transferred to hyperMILL® through a dedicated feature. The CAM system supports the user during electrode programming with a separate dialog window and feature type to avoid errors. The NC programmer can perform the entire process with just a few clicks and without any design knowledge. If machining macros exist, the process can be partially or fully automated.
The new electrode module largely automates the construction process in hyperCAD®-S. Seamless technology and component data transfers in hyperMILL® also ensure fast, reliable programming. The entire process is highly supported, so that programmers can carry it out with just a few clicks, without requiring any construction knowledge.
Electrode module features
- Suitable for solid and face models
- Geometry selection through face and contour selection
- Automatic extension of electrode geometry
- Holes in the geometry can be automatically closed
- Measuring markers for the electrode
- Automatic color and layer definition for the individual electrode areas
- Automatic raw material and holder selection with best-fit option for optimal alignment
- Automatic stock calculation and collision avoidance
- Electrode reference as chamfer or radius
- Detailed reports
- Incorporation of manually created electrode geometries into the automated process
- Automatic calculation of the minimum rib distance
- Automatic calculation of the length and adjustment options for the length of useless raw material
- Fast programming in hyperMILL®:
All technology data, such as the spark gap, stock size and positional reference are automatically transferred in hyperMILL®. The programming work can be further automated using machining macros.