The Optimal NC Program
for Your Multi-axis Machines Every Time
hyperMILL® VIRTUAL Machining Optimizer
The hyperMILL® VIRTUAL Machining Optimizer automatically finds the optimal, collision-free tool position from a technical standpoint and optimizes traverse movements. Powerful optimization algorithms ensure an efficient and safe machine run.
Having the right NC code is critical for smooth, reliable multi-axis machining. That’s because the efficiency and quality of your machining ultimately depends on the movement sequences in the NC program. The hyperMILL® VIRTUAL Machining Optimizer was developed specifically for this purpose. It analyzes the NC program during NC code generation and optimally adapts it to the kinematic properties of the selected machine. The optimal positions are set automatically, optimized link movements between individual operations are generated, and any clearance movements that are needed are carried out for limited-function machines. These optimizations ensure a reliable NC program, sharply reduce the time spent on programming, shorten transition times, and eliminate the need for subsequent editing of the NC program.
- Automatic solution selection
- Automatic linking of any jobs from 2D to 5‑axis
- Change to different solution in the event of an axis limitation
- Simplified programming
- Preferred solution
- Calculation of clearance planes
- Optimized movement if there is a risk of collision
- Optimal use of limited-function machines
- Automatic link movements
- Automatic clearance movements
- Reduced auxiliary processing times
- Optimal machine running times
Automatic link movements
During programming, CAM systems offer the option of combining individual machining operations into an optimized movement sequence. And the great thing about it is that hyperMILL® VIRTUAL Machining Optimizer does this for you fully automatically! Optimal connecting movements are generated between individual jobs or during changeover to a different machining solution. This is possible with any type of machining operation. Along with that, movement-optimized connecting paths are created for 2D, 3D, and 5‑axis jobs.
- Optimized for the machine kinematics and the available control functions.
- Natural motion control for maximum speed while also protecting the machine components.
- Safe, collision-checked movements
- No additional work for programmer
Automatic solution selection
In the case of multi-axis machining, there are often different solutions for tool orientation. Programmers must therefore check what solutions are available and choose the one that works best. When manually setting the axis position, it is often not possible to find the best overall solution. Or there may be multiple decision points throughout the NC programs. Reduce the workload your programmers and the fear of making mistakes: The hyperMILL® VIRTUAL Machining Optimizer automatically selects the best solution and can of course be adapted to your manufacturing standards.
- Separate check for each job
- Automatic search for an alternative solution in the case of collision and machining area violations
- Jobs can be split, if necessary, and output with alternating orientations
- Maximum reliability and productivity